As my readers know, I am a diehard chocoholic. Or rather a die later chocoholic since it’s now shown that chocolate aids longevity, weight loss and mental health.
The latest research is summed up in this article “Ten health benefits of chocolate” from Huffington Post so I won’t repeat them here. But if you are now pumped to consume this gift of the gods, you might enjoy some of my previous posts on chocolate, including the series “Great Chocolates I have known and loved” as well as my post about my dismal failure at the Paleo Caveman Diet because real cavemen didn’t eat chocolate. And–ahem– they are extinct and I’m not.
So, eat (chocolate), drink (cocoa) and be merry. If it doesn’t make you live longer, weigh less or smile more, it’s still the best (legal) high money can buy.
- Who Knew? Hallelujah! Chocolate makes you thinner (deaconjohn1987.wordpress.com)
- BBC News – Chocolate may help keep people slim (koalaneighbour.wordpress.com)
- Health Buzz: Does Chocolate Keep You Thin? (health.usnews.com)
- Good news for Chocoholics: Chocolate Consumption Linked to Lower BMI (tipsonlivinghealthy.wordpress.com)
- Chocoholics are thinner than abstainers, research says (ctv.ca)